The History of Flack's Flooring & Rugs
Brad Flack opened Flack’s Flooring and Rugs in 1992. The original
location was a swimming pool building in Decatur, GA converted
into a warehouse. While we sold new and used carpet to the
general public, we mainly sold to real estate investors and rental
property managers in the Atlanta area.
As the business grew slowly, Brad’s late partner Mike Mangum
opened our first Forsyth County location in late 1993, making it 30
years since we became a part of the Cumming small business
community. It operated in the Old Matt School House, originally
built in 1945. Mike’s brother Skip joined the business a couple of
years later and is still a vital part of our team today.
Many years later, the business grew out of just selling carpet and
into selling other types of flooring. In 2001, we built a new location
just off of GA 400, which is now occupied by our friends at
Finally, in 2012 Flack’s moved into our current-day showroom at
5750 GA 400. With over 21,000 square feet, we are home to one of
the largest and most well-stocked stores in North Georgia. Brad’s
son Ryan is now part of our team, marking five generations of
Flacks in the flooring industry.